[TF-TSC] [TF-M] Project Maintenance Proposal for tf.org Projects

Joakim Bech joakim.bech at linaro.org
Thu Apr 2 08:18:23 UTC 2020

Hi Sandrine,

On Wed, Apr 01, 2020 at 11:46:20AM +0200, Sandrine Bailleux wrote:
> Hi Joakim,
>
> On 4/1/20 10:08 AM, Joakim Bech via TSC wrote:
> > How that works in practice is that all OP-TEE maintainers are adding
> > their "Tested-by" (see example [2]) tag for the platform they maintain
> > when we're doing a release. If there are platforms with no "Tested-by"
> > tag, then they simply end up with the "last known version".
>
> I think that's a very good idea!

The "Tested-by" part for OP-TEE releases has been working pretty good,
not sure how scalable it is the long run though. To give some more
info regarding the "last known version", we even at one point had some
stop-light for that. I.e. if a maintainer missed testing a release once,
then it became "orange". If missed twice, then it became "red" and we
showed last know supported version. But we dropped that idea a short
while after introducing it.

> > However, to keep that up-to-date, it requires some discipline from the
> > people maintaining such a table ... something that we in the OP-TEE
> > project haven't been very good at :)
>
> Can't this be automated, such that it doesn't need to be manually kept
> up-to-date? I imagine we could have some tools generating the platform
> support table out of such a commit message.

Indeed it could, it's just a matter of doing some scripting if one
doesn't want to do it manually. I already have Python scripts pulling
all tags from GitHub pull requests. But there are of course several
other ways how one could pull that kind of information.

--

Regards,
Joakim